News

Sep 11, 2000 - 08:29 ET Antrim Energy Inc. Acquires Permits on North West Shelf, Australia

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(CDNX.AEN) Following Antrim's recent drilling success on the Rimu permit, New Zealand, Antrim reports its entry into Australia with the award of Permits WA-306-P and WA-307-P in the Rowley Sub-basin, on the North West Shelf of Australia. The permits awarded consist of approximately 2,000,000 gross acres. Antrim has a 75% W.I. and is Operator. Rawson Resources NL has the remaining 25% working interest.

The permits awarded result from the bid round which closed April 6, 2000. Other successful companies to be awarded adjacent permits in this round were various joint ventures comprising subsidiaries of BHP, Kerr - McGee and Texaco.

Magellan Petroleum Australia Limited has subsequently agreed to acquire a 37.5% W.I. in both Antrim permits, subject to approval by the regulatory authorities. Antrim's permits contain a 4,000-acre subsurface structural closure at the prospective Jurassic level, which is defined by closely spaced seismic data.

Antrim continues to develop its production and exploration activities in Europe, North Africa, Latin America and Australasia.

Updated information about Antrim can be accessed on its website: www.antrimenergy.com

Certain statements contained in this press release may be considered as "forward-looking" statements. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from estimated or implied results.


FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

Antrim Energy Inc.
Stephen Greer
(403) 264-5111
(403) 264-5113 (FAX)
Email: greers@antrimenergy.com
Website: www.antrimenergy.com

or

Antrim Energy Inc.
Keith Scrimger
(403) 264-5111
Email: scrimger@antrimenergy.com
The Canadian Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved
of the information contained herein.